Play with Clay Workshop
*click on photos to enlarge
- Having a girls weekend?
- Looking for something to do on a couples' retreat or a getaway?
- Trying to find a unique experience that your family can do together?
- Or just looking to try your hand at pottery...
Come and explore your creativity at our PLAY WITH CLAY workshops! Everyone is successful and you come away with many pots.
- Spend a day with Debbie and Grahame (aka The Hairy Potter) playing with clay
- Have fun creating functional or whimsical pots
- Instruction in both wheel work and hand-building techniques
- Clay, glazing and firing of your creations (depending on the amount of clay used, there may be a modest charge of $1.00 per pound of clay)
- Listening to the Hairy Potter's corny jokes
- Refreshment breaks (coffee, tea and snacks served)
Sessions are limited to a maximum of 6 people (4 is ideal!)
- Half day workshop 9am - 12 (noon) or 1 - 4pm is
$360.00 for the group
Call (705 489-3177) or
for more details.
Gone to Pot - Adventures in Clay
Yours Outdoors, an "experience broker" in the Haliburton Highlands, run by our good friend, Barrie Martin, also offers a wonderful pottery experience called Gone to Pot: Adventures in Clay.
"In the Haliburton Highlands, famous for its world class studio tour, you will find potters practicing many styles and forms of ceramics. Join us for a day of discovery in the world of clay. On wheel and slab you will shape your own pottery creations, observe and try different techniques, and visit several pottery studios. You will even meet the Hairy Potter. An inspiring day filled with great experiences, fun and food!"
For more details, visit www.yoursoutdoors.ca or call 705-754-3436 to book.